Friday, 11 November 2016

WEEK 12 - DECO 7230 - -Prototype III





WEEK 12 - Prototype III improvement


In prototype III, I aim to inspire real activity through  the  project , 
which means this play provide a new way to engage people in interactive fitness through the play . 

The Original Function Compare to The Improved Function 

In prototype I and II, there is some basic function which I continue using the prototype III.

I build 5 3D style shapes of blocks in Unity prototype I and II, which are “T” shape, “Z” shape, “L” shape, “I” shape and square shape. Each block has their own color. But in prototype III, I only use square shape with 
randomly color

Therefore, one of the biggest change in prototype III is the functionality is more simple for the user and only need press two buttons to control the whole game when they start it.

Moreover, I start to considering the improvement of physical interaction method after I update those functions. 

In prototype III, the selection bar is designed for choosing the different level. The “up” and “down” button is mainly user for choosing the level from easy to challenging.
In prototype III, I keep the main camera function from the prototype II, which helps the camera moving fellow with the block movement. By this I mean if the user moves the block to the left and right, the camera will move to the left and right as well. In this way, the user could have more visual enjoyment when they controlling the blocks. 
In addition, the block color stays the same with the prototype I and II.

إضافة تسمية توضيحية

During this week, the goal is to complete all the requirements for the last prototype. Moreover, I would like to create the google forms for the survey. After the prototyping session, I would then also need to analyze the feedback received.
The process

During the start of this week, I have almost completed all the requirements of the last prototype. After a few tests,
 I found the movement can not work exactly  
(1,2, 3, 4, 5 ...).
 Hence, I tried to fix this problem, and I did lots of searches on the internet, but I did not find any solutions. So, I used the most way, add many box Collier 2D to make a path.


The questions on the form are orientated for the purpose of the prototype. The purpose of the prototype is mainly to investigate if new physical controller solves the problems of the original physical controller. Furthermore, another purpose of the prototype is to see if the new physical controller is appropriate and practical to play. 



No comments:

Post a Comment