Thursday, 10 November 2016

week 6- DECO 7180 -POSTER

week 6
DECO 7180 Week 5 poster presentation

Presentation
Last week, we have had three minutes presentation about our concepts. I didn't prepare it enough so I forgot to mention some functions of my idea. After listening to other student's concept, I realized that I didn't mention enough about how to use the trove contents. 


We raised our own ideas about Trove's information API in this week's workshop and presented them as the form of posters. 

My idea was mainly based on the game style similar to "Doodle God" which is an interesting game that could create new elements in the world according to existed ones.

From the presentation, I learned some tips from others which are how to make a clear and logically presentation. First is I have to divide presentation into three or four parts, and then introduce the main point at the beginning, after describing the detail of each point I have to make a quick and clear conclusion. so the conclusion is easy to let the audience get the main point again after describing lots of details.


So my thought was that there were quite an amount of data elements in Trove's database and sometimes people would just know a part of them and ignored others which may contribute to kind of misunderstandings to some events or historical figures. To change this trend, I raised my idea as an educational game exploiting the rich resources in Trove.

There are so many interesting concepts during the presentation. we have different topics of concept, such as traveling, food, movie, constellation, game. Each of them is full of fun functions, so I looked around all the concepts and trying to choose a concept I plan to work on this week. 


The main function of this game is to create new elements based on existed ones such as time points and places which are contained by some certain events or historical figures who did something influential.
Meanwhile, the elements created by users would be one of the existed ones which could be combined with others.



The realization could be simple because we should just search keywords users choose in the interfaces and then search the matching ones in through the API then return the one elements.
The server could make the elements as keywords and transfer them to API requesting from Trove and make a new element named with the first result received from JSON.
Also, once click on a certain element, there could be all other elements found by users shown on the screen as the information web and users could expand the web by clicking these elements.

Here is the poster:

Design tools:
Adobe After Effects: For background -- (plugin:practice world)
Adobe Illustrator: For editing
Also, we decide to have the first meeting on Saturday, I was excited about it because the group meeting is an easy way to stimulate our creativities and we can brainstorm together. 
I can learn more about the corporate skill from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment