Thursday, 10 November 2016

DECO 7230 - Week5 -

week 5 review

WEEK 5 - Interactive prototype I

Interactive prototype due next week!!! So I was focused on this prototype. We learned about CRC in the contact session, and this is a tool of a software with using of index cards, but I thought it may not help a lot for my project so didn't got more understanding of it.


Prototype in processing: In the practice session, I asked the tutor about some questions of code in Unity. Part of works I've down:



From the app manager class:


Original thought
Based on the Kickstarter video, the concept is designed to reduce the social embarrass in the city. Many citizens are addicted in play their phone and mobile device when they walking around the city. It's hard for them to notice what's happened around them.
 The building always ignored by them if they just pay attention to their mobile phone. So the idea of the concept is to provide a game in a real world.
 People using two tools - "a glasses and a magic cube controller" to play a building game in the real world. The game style is based on Tetris Game, so all the object in this game is a Tetris style.
 The user is able to combine them together to build a Tetris style building.


The progress
When I started this project, I needed to create the chessboard. Because my project was fully different with Pong Tutorial, there were fewer things that I could reference and use. Moreover, the tutor suggested that use buttons to replace the movement, because I would like to test the offset function, which offset the negative effect of the nine related blocks. Hence, I tried to search on the internet to find the solution of making a chessboard with buttons. To be honest, there was some information about that on the internet. After searching the forums, I found that someone provides a train of thought about my problem. Following his thought, I coded out the chessboard with buttons.


Prototyping Tool ( Unity )
After learning two weeks Unity prototype, I felt familiar with the basic function in the Unity. Although the tutorial is teaching a 2D Pong game, some basic function is the same with 
3D prototypes such as box collider and rigid body.  So I start to create the simple scene and object by using "create 3D object" function in the Hierarchy area.


This week has been a busy week because I got other courses' mid exams and I spent more than half free time to study for exams. However, I still was able to find some time to work on my project. Before this week, I have not yet gotten ideas for testing my project. So, I talked with the tutor (Ben Rose) about that problem.
 And he gave me some suggestions: 1.
 Focus on one function to test. 2.
Test the important function of your project. Based on that two suggestions, the final idea was the offset function (Ben more prefer that idea).


No comments:

Post a Comment