WEEK 4
Week 4 - Video Prototype Evaluation
This was the first testing session for getting feedbacks from my peers. Because the type of this prototype was video, so everyone sat down and reviewed other people video. In this session, I got 6 testers, and the result of the testing session was quite well.
Impressions of the video
After testing user from the Kickstart video, 6 users gave me the useful suggestion. About 70% of the user
though the physical method is not reflected enough in this video. One of them gave a suggestion like changing the game controller into a dancing blanket style to control the game.
One of them suggested that to change it into a magic cube style to control the game easily by two hands. Another classmate suggested me to change the controller to a grove which is convenient to take with people when they walking around in the society.
By this way, people only need to press their finger and control the direction of each object in this app.
All of them can easily understand the purpose of the initial concept of the prototype and they all willing to play it in the real life.
Future improvement
For the interactive prototype, I plan to build an application interface, a glasses model and a game controller ( magic cube model ), also I will be learning how to use Makey Makey to test whether users can have a successful interaction with this prototype
For the interactive prototype II, I plan to use python or unity to build the real reaction interface and combine with Makey Makey tool to do the interactive test.
Furthermore, they like the functionality such as size changing and color changing, but they think it is better to change a way to realize this function. Therefore, from their opinion, I decide to change the game controller to a magic cube style to improve entertainment and interaction method.
First of all, there was a good web app that I should recommend. It was called Google Forms. My original idea was that after testers watching my video, then they should hand write for the survey. However, as the first group for being testers, I tested other people video and done the survey. Then, I asked them the name of the web app. Hence, I used Google Forms for my final survey.
From the result of Google Forms, I got a limited amount of opinions from my peers. 100% of the testers could fully understand the concept of the NeverGiveUp. And, more than 83.3% of the testers could clearly understand the Rule of the NeverGiveUp. Moreover, 83.3% of the testers thought that the difficulty level of this game is fine, and another 16.7% of the testers thought that the game was too difficult. 100% of the testers will play this game and recommend it to their friends. For the suggestions part, I got the limited opinions, most testers provided the useless information ("no", "none" and "no idea").
However, I also got some good feedbacks. For example, someone said that, make sure this game is unified style. This problem happened because I used 2 styles of the snake. And, I never see a game has more than one style. Hence, I realized that I must make the game be a unified style. Another example, someone said that more detailed information for each function will be better. When I saw this suggestion, I realized that as a new game must provide the information detail enough to introduce itself.
I plan to test whether the user can understand how to interact with it
For the interactive prototype III, I plan to collect different feedback from the test report and modify the prototype and do the iteration design.
No comments:
Post a Comment